Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Interests in Books

Before I start writing about books I want to do a blog post about the kind of books, authors and genres I like.
I mostly read cozy mysteries. I usually don't like books with violence (one of the reasons why I like to read cozy mysteries). I read several cozy mystery series: The Donut Shop Mysteries by Jessica Beck (my first contact with the genre of cozy mysteries, I loved the cover of the books), The Coffeehouse Mysteries by Cleo Coyle (coooofffffeeeeee...), The Cupcake Bakery Mysteries by Jenn McKinlay (yummy) and many many more (I'm always open for new series, but there are so many that I can't read them all).... You can see some of those on the picture below.

Some of my cozy mysteries (sorry for the bad picture)
I also have a collection of Agatha Christie books (She wrote absolutely great books), the number of her books that I own is around 80 (from the German Hachette collection). I don't wanna count how much money I spent for these (each book 7.95 Euro). There's only one book from the collection I haven't bought, because I already had another copy of it. I regret it a little bit... You can see all my books on the picture below, also the one that's different ;-)

My collection of Agatha Christie books
So I like crime books in general, also thrillers (depends on my mood and the book).
Besides Agatha Christie one of my favourite authors is Bill Bryson who writes travel books (beside others of course). His books are so great, they always make me laugh. :-)

I recently discovered my interest in erotic romances which I read a lot in the last weeks. I bought myself a kindle in April and most of the books I read on it are these kind of books. But I prefer reading real books in general.


I already said that I don't like violence in books, but there's always an exception to the rule, so my exception are paranormal romances... Those are in some way acceptable... I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. Vampires tend to drink blood and fights between demons are bloody, so I can live with those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment